Big on comfort, performance and value, the Yamaha VX Cruiser offers fuel-efficient towing power compliments of Yamaha's TR-1 three-cylinder High Output Yamaha marine engine. It also features Yamaha's signature Cruiser® Seat, innovative RiDE technology, and Cruise Assist/No Wake mode.
TR-1 Engine: This award-winning, lightweight 3-cylinder engine brings a fun ride with maximum fuel economy.
Cruiser Seat: The theatre-style three-person Cruiser Seat features double top stitching designed to provide plush accommodations for all-day touring.
Cruise Assist/No Wake: Cruise Assist reduces throttle tension and No Wake Mode allows effortless navigation through controlled areas.
- For 2016, the VX Cruiser is powered by Yamaha's all-new TR-1 four-stroke marine engine. The three-cylinder, 1049cc TR-1 is 13 per cent more powerful than the Yamaha MR-1 engine that it is replacing, while being 40 per cent smaller in size and 20 per cent lighter in weight.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that's lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
- Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The VX pump design is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- RiDE (Reverse with Intuitive Deceleration Electronics) - The world's first dual handlebar throttle control system is easy and intuitive. Pull the right lever to go forward, and the left lever for reverse. Pull them both, or in any combination, and the system reacts with precise control. Benefits include better handling, smooth deceleration and more control while turning.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull And Deck
- The VX hull is designed to be light and strong.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- Cruiser Seat: Adds comfort and support for both passenger and driver.
- Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Yamaha Security System: This security system, which can be activated with the touch of a button, ensures that no one starts the VX Deluxe without your permission.
- Low RPM Mode: With the touch of a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the VX Cruiser is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
- 93 L. of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform with Reboarding Step: Provides a stable platform for re-boarding.
- Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
- Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry's first self-draining insulated beverage holders.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
- Yamaha's exclusive Cruise Assist: The industry's first system that allows the driver to set and hold a particular speed while maintaining a comfortable riding position with the throttle. Once the speed is set, the driver can increase or decrease the speed through the simple push of a button. When the throttle is disengaged the system shuts off.
- Yamaha's exclusive No Wake Mode: makes cruising through no-wake zones a breeze. Once engaged, the no-wake mode moves the engine's RPMs to an optimal speed, approximately 5 mph, for efficiently navigating through a no-wake zone. Once through, the driver simply applies throttle and the no-wake mode is released.
- Engine Type: 3-Cylinder, 4-Stroke TR-1 High Output Yamaha Marine Engine
- Bore and Stroke: 82 x 66.2 mm
- Displacement: 1,049 cc
- Fuel: Regular Unleaded
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Cooling: Open Looped, water
- Ignition: Direct ignition
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Fuel Delivery: EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection)
- Spark Plug: NGKCR9EB
- Pump: 155 mm High-Pressure
- Transmission: Direct Drive from Engine
- Impeller: 3-blade, 11.2° pitch, Stainless Steel
- Fuel Capacity: 70L (18.5 US gal.)
- Oil Capacity: 3.5L (0.9 US gal.)
- Vehicle Capacity: 1, 2, or 3 persons / 240 kg (529 lb.)
- Storage Capacity: 93.2L (24.6 gal.)
- Hull Material: NanoXcel® Lightweight Hull and Deck
- Warranty: 1 year limited
- Length: 3.35 m (131.9 in.)
- Width: 1.22m (48 in.)
- Height: 1.19m (46.9 in.)
- Dry Weight: 303 kg (668 lb.)
- Colour(s): Azure Blue Metallic, Pure White with Carbon
Every attempt has been made to showcase Canadian versions of our products, but all images, information and specifications may not be exact and are subject to change without notice. Some models may be shown with optional accessories.